Second Skin

This is a forum for all you Chameleons fans out there..Sit back and have some fun!

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

A non-Chameleons fan review from Fibbers York 02/10/09

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: A non-Chameleons fan review from Fibbers York 02/10/09   Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:42 am

A Fibbers review, i found that made me chuckle..

Fibs started to get quite crowded at this point, and there was a quite a mass of people heading for the front. A few mohican-style hair cuts and a whole bunch of guys on what appeared to be a bouncers night out. Even some of the women looked as if they filed their teeth and sported tattoos on their knuckles. We lurked at bar level.

The name Second Skin comes from track four of The Chameleons' first album. Artwork for their first three albums was produced by their guitarist, Reg Smithies, now an artist of some renown. I thought I'd never heard of them before, but I was wrong. I remember them covering Bowie's John I'm Only Dancing, although I'm blowed if I can find a reference to them releasing it as a single. On the other hand, the rest of the audience knew every single word to every single track and bellowed along in a great sing-along session. It was all very strange. I felt like we'd gate-crashed a private party. I quite enjoyed the music and it was delivered in a technically competent fashion by the musicians. Burgess was a passionate and demonstrative front-man, a joy to watch him in action.

Sam
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A non-Chameleons fan review from Fibbers York 02/10/09   Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:38 am

Hahaha thats fantastic!!! I wonder if there are any other gems like these floating around the interwenz..

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A non-Chameleons fan review from Fibbers York 02/10/09   Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:14 am

Lydia I hope they werent referring to us with regard to the filed teeth and tatooed knuckles HOW RUDE!!!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A non-Chameleons fan review from Fibbers York 02/10/09   Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:13 pm

Oh probably...I had my hawk up that night so I was one of them that they were talking about lol...I wasn't even that uber I just had my hawk and my chams jacket lol

PostSubject: Re: A non-Chameleons fan review from Fibbers York 02/10/09   

Back to top Go down

A non-Chameleons fan review from Fibbers York 02/10/09
Page 1 of 1