Second Skin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Skin

This is a forum for all you Chameleons fans out there..Sit back and have some fun!

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!

Go down 
+3
nickdeaves
Lydia
lilaclunar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lilaclunar
Admin
lilaclunar

Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:28 am

Thank you for joining and we hope you will enjoy using this forum and chatting with other Chameleons fans!

Use this thread to tell us a little bit about yourselves so we can get to know you a little better!

Happy posting!
Back to top Go down
lilaclunar
Admin
lilaclunar

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:13 am

Ok being as everyone is being so shy Ill introduce myself first

Im Helen, married to Graham, have 3 kids, my eldest Amelia has been doing some photography for Bushart and Second Skin so you might have seen her around the stage, shes been brought up on The Chameleons as all my kids have so shes been really privaliged to have the opportunity to photograph Mark and John and the Bushart gang!

Ive been a Chameleons fan for about 20 years, seen The Chameleons and sub Chams bands many many times, and they do improve with age!

Ive been fortunate to attend one of the rehersals when Amelia was doing photos and I'd like to class all the guys as friends now, which is a true honor!

I spend far too much time on Face book talking to Lydia, and now no doubt this will take over!

So come on lets know about you now!
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Admin
Lydia

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:30 am

lol...ok

I'm Lydia, I'm 23 and I'm from Maine. I haven't been a chameleons fan for very long really, I think just about a year now. Uhm...I don't really know what to say about myself...I like spinning poi and flow wand and shit like that, I like to make my own hair extensions..I consider myself goth. What else..oh yeah, Mark is my boyfriend lol Razz We have been together like 4 months now, traveling a lot...been to so many places its crazy! He's the coolest, funniest, sweetest, kindest person I know (fo realz), and anyone who says otherwise obviously doesn't know him at all.

What else..uh thats it for now I guess. I'm sure everyone will get to know me better as time goes on! and Helen, they totally are your friends!
Back to top Go down
https://secondskin.forumotion.com
nickdeaves
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
nickdeaves

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:08 pm

This is a great idea Helen and Lydia well done!!!
Right let’s get the ball rolling...I am Nick and have been a fan since 1983 when my good friend and fellow fan Neil introduced me to them with “As high as can go”, one listen and I was hooked!! Then followed by “A Person isn’t safe anywhere these days” in the summer of 1983
My first gig was at the Marquee August 83 I think...yes the photo on my profile, you forget in these days of instant downloads, music available any time... but I remember we were waiting outside the Marquee and someone had a copy of “ Script” before it was out..Bees round a honey pot...happy days.
Saw the band a few times over 83, 84 and 85 in the London area, then all good things come to an end... trekked up to Cambridge one night to see The Sun and Moon in 96 but their van broke down.
The reunion in 2001 was great, so many people at the London show...so then another few years gap of only catching Mark once supporting New Model Army, 2004/5 “Memoirs hazy”
Was very lucky to go Club Monkey run by the fantastic Suzy and Mark 2008, one the greatest nights of my life!!!
Saw Andy C and Andy W last year on the back of that in deepest Lancashire...top guys
2009 Mark joining up with John again, this has been great, travelled up to York in October...another great night but it really struck me that the followers are like a family, everyone is so friendly and are all a very devoted bunch..London again with The Comsat Angels, my two fav bands of that time (early 80s)...what more could I ask!!!!
Don’t Fall!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mike in Monkeyland
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Hey

I'm mike, been a Chameleons since I was 15. My cousin Nigel (who was in a moderately successful band in the 90s called...Monkeyland!) made my brother a CD with Script of the Bridge on it and I went from there. Monkeyland was the first song I got into, and I went from there (Seriocity has just come on my laptop, haha) Just got into some of their peers like Bunnymen and the Sound, but the Chams will always be special to me. Wasn't sure I'd ever get the chance to see them (or the nearest thing to them) till the fibbers gig, which was amazing. Then two weeks later (what do they say about waiting years for a bus and two turn up in 10 minutes?) he played in the city and I got to meet him! Very Happy He apparently apprieciated he had a young fan base, so there you go.
Back to top Go down
rian
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
rian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:22 am

Hi, I'm Richard from Stockholm/Sweden. Well known from Wishville, LOL.

Been a fan since mid 80's, when a friends sister bought a album when she was in London. Hooked since then.

Seen them live in Germany a couple of years ago. Bochum and Bielefeltd.

40+, wife and 4 kids between 11 months and 19 years old.
Back to top Go down
http://www.riandata.se
Longmorn
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
Longmorn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:21 am

rian wrote:

Been a fan since mid 80's, when a friends sister bought a album when she was in London. Hooked since then.

Welcome, Richard!! Cool How's the little one?

Didn't see too much of you on WV over the past few months. This place needs a thread-starter, mate! Wink
Back to top Go down
lilaclunar
Admin
lilaclunar

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:35 am

Hey welcome you guys!

Glad you have come and joined, now go and get some posting done and lets get this forum up and running!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rian
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
rian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:08 am

Anus wrote:
rian wrote:

Welcome, Richard!! Cool How's the little one?

Didn't see too much of you on WV over the past few months. This place needs a thread-starter, mate! Wink

She's doing just fine, thanx for asking. Allways happy, sleeps well and eats well.

Wishville hasn't been very funny to visit lately. I felt that I didn't had anything to contribute to, or new threads to start. I promise to be a better poster here. Nearly 15.000 posts on WV in a couple of years, so I will do my best here.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Admin
Lydia

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:43 am

Good finally someone who will post more than me! hahaha welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
rian
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
rian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:34 am

Lydia wrote:
Good finally someone who will post more than me! hahaha welcome to the forum

Thanx! I will try not to post to much. People will get tired of me.......
Back to top Go down
cliche
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:42 am

Never had a wishville account though I lurked there to satiate my need for Chameleons updates, stumbled upon this forum on facebook after wondering "who broke wishville" (The more I read about it, the less I wanted to know). So, yea. That's about it.
Umm I like vinyl.
Back to top Go down
lilaclunar
Admin
lilaclunar

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:01 am

welcome Cliche

Hopefully as the site gets bigger and better we will have some good topics and chats on here
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Admin
Lydia

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:59 am

Welcome cliche! Yeah I'm hoping the upcoming gigs will generate some interest in the forum and also some discussion! and moar pix!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!   Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to all our members - New members introduce yourselves here!
Page 1 of 1