Second Skin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Skin

This is a forum for all you Chameleons fans out there..Sit back and have some fun!

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Chameleons live show?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Best Chameleons live show? Empty
PostSubject: Best Chameleons live show?   Best Chameleons live show? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:00 pm

I've been lucky enough to have seen em about 40 times..including in Germany and the USA and I still struggle to pick one out as my fav..apart from the first academy gig which was as emotional as a gig can get...Great live band
Back to top Go down
lilaclunar
Admin
lilaclunar

PostSubject: Re: Best Chameleons live show?   Best Chameleons live show? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Ive seen them many many times too, and Ive got to say the best gig Ive seen (although not 'The chameleons' as a whole) was the Roadhouse gig in July this year

Second skin with Bushart and Burgess, has to go down in history as one of THE best gigs ever.

For me it was better than the academy reformation gigs and the witchwood gigs, although Mark Burgess acoustic set at the Witchwood is up there with the greats (first gig I went to with my hubby too!)
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Admin
Lydia

PostSubject: Re: Best Chameleons live show?   Best Chameleons live show? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:53 pm

In the us, the LA show was absolutely AMAZING! like, if you closed your eyes, it was them...fo realz..the 4 of them spent weeks getting everything just right. On top of that we made really good friends with the guitarist, justin, and his friend jay. All the others in the band were great too. The line outside was staggering, and people were packed in like sardines...the vibe was absolutely crazy (in a good way) and everyone just went mad!

I'm jealous of you guys who got to see them though. Ah well, serves me for being born in 86 lol
Back to top Go down
https://secondskin.forumotion.com
TheWuzz
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Best Chameleons live show?   Best Chameleons live show? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:40 pm

The small gig upstairs at The Barfly in Camden in 2001? was one hell of a gig. It was rammed with wall to wall smiling faces. Everyone was jumping up and down so much that the floor was bouncing. I was scared the floor would collapse! Great, great gig. Very Happy

Apart from that, the gig at the Roadhouse in July this year was fucking great. A brilliant atmosphere and so many great friends in the crowd. It never ceases to amaze me that we can travel so far and know so many people and feel so at home.
The 3 hour jar journey the next day was classic too. Laughing

A shout out too (though it's a bit off topic) would have to go to THE best gig I've ever been to in my life, which was the sun and the moon (minus John unfortunately) at Club Monkey. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysapce.com/summerjets

PostSubject: Re: Best Chameleons live show?   Best Chameleons live show? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi the Wuzz...that Barfly gig was brilliant..made all the more exciting becuase a group of us were heading off the following morning to follow the band to Germany for a week..I seem to remember the best gig we saw over there was in Hamburg which was Marks home town at the time..It was my birthday too and we all went to Marks local for a late one...good days

btw I guess you can all interpret this thread how you like I'm all up for freedom of speech...But It is headed Chameleons gigs....I don't know what Chameleons gigs you've been to but to consider any of them as not being as good as Bushart doing the Chams as a very strange thing to say..your opinion of course Helen but come on...by the way I actually thought Mark was outstanding that night obsolutely on one..a great performance..and tbf that nearly hid the fact that the guitars that night didn't quite get the sound right or the feel of a proper Chams gig...And I really don't want to seem like I'm having a go at Bushart..coz I'm a huge fan of them all and their stuff..I'm just being honest..and actually in my opinion unbiased
Gazza
Back to top Go down
lilaclunar
Admin
lilaclunar

PostSubject: Re: Best Chameleons live show?   Best Chameleons live show? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:51 pm

The main reason that gig was one of my all time favorites is because it was so intimate, and as it had been a few years since we had seen The chams, to me it just brought home how things improve with age.
It was also the night that started our friendship with the Bushart guys and Tony

It was also the night I got flashed by a tramp

It was also my birthday

It was also the night I had a song dedicated to me

It was also the night I had beer poured over my freshly dyed purple hair

so it wasnt 'just' the music it was a combination of being with great friends and having an amazing time and brilliant memories

Sometimes its not just how accurate the guitarists are sometimes atmosphere and enjoyment make for an amazing gig!
Back to top Go down
TheWuzz
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Best Chameleons live show?   Best Chameleons live show? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:09 pm

Yeah, that's fair enough - I know the Roadhouse wasn't an official Chams gig. And I agree that though the Bushart boys did a brilliant job, there is nothing quite like the original. Of course not.

I guess it's just that we're never going to see the original thing again, so I'm happy to enjoy some people doing a damn good job of showing a lot of love and respect for the tunes they obviously love too. OK, so it wasn't perfect, but for me, that didn't matter.

Also, it was very much about the atmosphere, the friends, the passion and the love in that room.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysapce.com/summerjets
lilaclunar
Admin
lilaclunar

PostSubject: Re: Best Chameleons live show?   Best Chameleons live show? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:31 am

TheWuzz wrote:

Also, it was very much about the atmosphere, the friends, the passion and the love in that room.

It was Wuzz, and for me thats what made it one of the best gigs I have been to.

We went to a couple of the Witchwood nights, which were awesome, and the academy reformation gig, which was also good, but at the roadhouse the atmosphere was amazing and the company we were with was amazing,

Should I be ridiculed on FB by people for having that opinion? Cheap tricks, and an insult to the Bushart guys, who will never be Reg and Dave, we all know that but IMO did a mighty fine job!

Everybody has different reasons for enjoying a night and I had mine,
Back to top Go down
rian
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
rian

PostSubject: Re: Best Chameleons live show?   Best Chameleons live show? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:36 am

Well, only been to 2 gigs. Both in Germany, within a week. Bochum one was best, followed by Bielefeldt.
I was on the guestlist for both gigs Very Happy
Time goes fast, but if my memory serves me right, it was 2001.
Back to top Go down
http://www.riandata.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Chameleons live show?   Best Chameleons live show? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Chameleons live show?
Page 1 of 1