Second Skin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Skin

This is a forum for all you Chameleons fans out there..Sit back and have some fun!

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scooter's cover of Second Skin...

Go down 
+3
rian
lilaclunar
Mike in Monkeyland
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike in Monkeyland
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

Scooter's cover of Second Skin... Empty
PostSubject: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:59 am

When I first heard about this (this morning) I was shocked, but after hearing it...it isn't actually that bad! obviously caused a big row on youtube, what are people's opinions? Also, does anyone who made a dancey cover of 'Smamp thing'?
Back to top Go down
Mike in Monkeyland
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:01 am

Swamp thing, rather.
Back to top Go down
lilaclunar
Admin
lilaclunar

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:31 am

Mike in Monkeyland wrote:
When I first heard about this (this morning) I was shocked, but after hearing it...it isn't actually that bad! obviously caused a big row on youtube, what are people's opinions? Also, does anyone who made a dancey cover of 'Smamp thing'?

Yeah I thought the same Mike, laughed at first when I heard it, kept expecting them to shout 'scooooottteeeerrr' but thank fully they didnt, if you can drum out the music and just listen to the words its not so bad!!

We were at Whitby goth weekend in October and Adoration did a cover of swamp thing and totally raised the roof, you probs can find it on youtube, personally I didn't like his vocals but musically it was pretty damnned good!
Back to top Go down
rian
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
rian

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:32 am

I've heard a couple of covers of Swamp Thing. Some more dancy, some not. I'll have to dig a bit, and will post back when I find the stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.riandata.se
rian
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
rian

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:48 am

Eskimos and Egypt have made a cover of Swamp. Pretty good actually.

Not found it on YouTube though. Let me know if you want me to e-mail it to you.
Back to top Go down
Mike in Monkeyland
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 am

Back to top Go down
rian
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
rian

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:03 am

Go on then, michael_urmston@live.co.uk

Consider it done!
Back to top Go down
Mike in Monkeyland
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:06 am

thanks, will have a listen to that now Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike in Monkeyland
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:09 am

Yeah, think is the one I was after, ta Smile
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Admin
Lydia

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 am

I'm sorry, I hated the scooter cover. If I remember correctly, Mark did too lol...but you'd have to ask him, maybe he likes it now I don't know.

I haven't heard the swamp thing cover. I guess I just think there are some bands out there that shouldn't be covered you know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
https://secondskin.forumotion.com
rian
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
rian

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:00 am

Yeah, think is the one I was after, ta Smile

I'm glad to be helpful Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike in Monkeyland
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:30 am

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the cover, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The Swamp thing cover was the one discussed above, which is ok. I know what you mean though, but Chameleons did do a few covers of artists they liked. Can't see Scooter being a massive Chams fan though, Sugababes and Numan all over again!
Back to top Go down
Lydia
Admin
Lydia

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:41 am

Yeah, I know they did some cover songs too. But to be honest, I never liked john I'm only dancing or tomorrow never knows..I don't know what other ones they did.
Back to top Go down
https://secondskin.forumotion.com
Mike in Monkeyland
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:47 am

Moonage daydream as well later on..
Back to top Go down
Longmorn
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
Longmorn

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:52 am

I could always imagine 'A Person Isn't Safe...' getting a dance make-over, for some reason... would probably be fuck-awful, but the rhythm of the song would lend itself to drums & bass...

beam me up
Back to top Go down
Mike in Monkeyland
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 am

ssshhhh..don't say that, the bastard's will steal it...Who the hell gave scooter permission to cover it anyway? damn record companies!
Back to top Go down
Sam
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:35 am

Its a good example on how to kill a classic....
Back to top Go down
guyfromnewcastle
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation
guyfromnewcastle

PostSubject: Huh???!!!   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 am

You gotta be f'ing kidding me! Scooter covering the Chameleons!!?? I dare to look on YT in fear of fear. Just NO, I do not accept this. Whatever next? Bieber doing the Sisters!!??
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/guyfromnewcastle
Mike in Monkeyland
Soul in Isolation
Soul in Isolation

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:19 am

It's ok, it's just lifeless and flat as you'd imagine from Scooter. adds nothing to the original song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scooter's cover of Second Skin...   Scooter's cover of Second Skin... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scooter's cover of Second Skin...
Page 1 of 1